When I was a kid, one of my favorite dishes my mom would often make was tuna noodle casserole. It consisted of noodles, canned tuna, and a couple of cans of cream of mushroom soup. It was creamy and salty and truly comfort food.
This keto-friendly recipe, packed with nutrient-dense veggies, was inspired by this recipe by Catherine Jarret on Butter + Brie that matched ingredients I had on hand. I tweaked it a bit and it turned out to remind me of that childhood favorite.
6 ounces (168 g) cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 cups (300 g) broccoli florets
3 cups (300 g) cauliflower florets
4 cans tuna, packed in water, drained
2 cups (112 g) shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan, cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder together.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, and tuna. Pour in the cream sauce and stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly on the sides and the broccoli is tender (pierce with a fork to test).
- Remove from oven and set broiler to high. Sprinkle the cheddar on top of the casserole and top with bacon. Return to oven for 2 – 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before servings.
Time: 40 – 45 minutes
Nutrition info per serving: 388 calories, 24 g protein, 30 g fat, 7 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 5 net carbs.
Rich sources of (select RDA info): B12 31%, Niacin 32%, vit C 86%, vit K 64%, calcium 32%, selenium 72%