Delicious quiche! Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Make 1 or 2 to have on hand and you’ll have easy keto meals all week long. If you like this, check out my Tomato Basil Crustless Quiche with Ricotta.
1 teaspoon butter
5 pieces of thick cut bacon
8 ounces (224 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch pie plate with the butter. Place pie plate onto cookie sheet (to prevent spills while cooking).
- Slice bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Sprinkle bacon evenly into prepared pie plate. Top with shredded cheese.
- Crack the eggs into a blender and blend on “stir” setting. Add cream, water, and pepper and blend just until combined. (Alternately, whisk by hand in a medium bowl.) Pour into pie plate, over bacon and cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 35 – 45 minutes, or until set in the middle (not jiggly when removed from the oven). Cool for 10 minutes or longer on a cooling rack before slicing.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition info: 463 calories, 3 g carbs, 18 g protein, 42 g fat; RDA: 25% riboflavin, 28% vitamin A, 14% vitamin D, 31% calcium, 35% selenium.