Keto Chat Episode 14 is with Randy Webb, Licensed Professional Counselor in Arizona and Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Washington. Randy was my counseling internship supervisor when I was completing my graduate degree in 2012, and at that time, he was a vegetarian. When I went to visit Phoenix in March 2016, I was excited to talk to Randy about a couple of the therapies he’s passionate about. But then I discovered that he had a big surprise for me regarding his diet!
What we talk about:
- Randy’s surprise development of metabolic syndrome, fatigue, sleep trouble, and kidney issues when he was eating, what he thought was, a health diet.
- His journey from a low-fat, high carb, vegetarian diet to a lower carb, omnivorous diet
- Who inspired Randy to look at his diet and give up oatmeal and consider eating sardines for breakfast
- What health improvements he’s seen since changing his diet
- Which dietary change had the biggest impact on his health markers
- How Randy became interested in hypnotherapy
- How trauma can lead to mindless eating, emotional eating, or stress eating and what can be done about it
- How EMDR therapy empowers a person to build their own internal resources for health and well-being as opposed to other talk therapy that focuses on identifying and changing what is “wrong” with a person