Keto Chat Episode 16 is with my intern, Mikayla. She is an undergrad at Seattle University and nearly finished with her bachelor of science degree in sports and exercise science.
What we talk about:
- How she originally found keto
- What it was like starting a ketogenic diet while in college in San Diego
- What health improvements she’s experienced
- Who else she’s converted to keto and their motivation to keep going for long-term health
- Her keto struggles and tips for navigating them
- What she plans to do after graduation
What health improvements have you notice on keto?
For my Keto Chat Episode 13, I sat down with John DePalma, instructor at Seattle University and physical therapist, and discovered his very interesting journey of learning to listen to his body for healing and optimal diet.
Take a listen as John shares some very interesting stories:
- Qualifying for Olympic long-distance kayak racing team
- How he discovered that eating a higher fat diet optimized his athletic performance
- His stint volunteering with the Jesuits in social ministry
- What he ate while living in France and how it changed his blood lipids
- How he used fasting, followed by a lower-carb and higher-fat diet, to change blood lipids
- His tips for listening to your body for what to eat and how to move (exercise)
- And so much more.